Types of Inspections
1. Home Buying Inspection - Performed for a home buyer to determine a home's general condition. Frequently home buyers use a home buying inspection to negotiate price concessions from the seller, often times saving enough money on the purchase price of the home to more than compensate for the price of the home inspections. This is our standard inspection which covers all the structural components and mechanical systems including electrical, heating ventilation/cooling, plumbing, appliances, foundation, roof, exterior, interior, and optional systems to be inspected. 2. Pre-listing Home Inspection
- Sometimes referred to as a seller or listing home inspection and performed for a home seller to evaluate areas of a home that may need to be repaired or updated. Sellers inspections are useful from several different perspectives. A positive seller's home inspection can be and often is used as an effective marketing tool. In many cases, a seller will decide to make some recommended repair or update, thus increasing the value and/or market potential of their home. At times, a seller's home inspection may reveal a deficiency in the home that the seller is not willing to address by any means other than a price reduction (priced accordingly). In any circumstance, a seller's home inspection can do a lot to avoid the pitfalls of a lost sale or a last minute price negotiation. 3. New Home Phase Inspection
- Also known as construction or phase inspections and are performed during the construction of a new home at several phases of construction. This type of home inspection is ordered by the buyer of a new home before construction begins and must be included in the builder's contract. A very valuable inspection, to protect a home buyer from unscrupulous builders, tradesman, and ineffective municipal building code inspectors.
a.) Foundation - If visible, we can inspect the: formwork, plumbing, reinforcement, moisture barrier and any other materials that are going to be embedded in the concrete, before permanency occurs.
b.) Frame (Pre-drywall) - Structural and Framing Components, Properly Installed Support Beams, Electrical, Plumbing,, Mechanical Rough Outs, .Attic Ventilation & Roofing System, Careful Review of the External Shell with Emphasis Placed on Moisture Intrusion Problems.
c.) Final inspection is our standard home inspection.
Additional inspections can be arranged to customize your needs. 4. Wood Destroying Insect Inspections
- Provided by CC Sterling - (210) 379-7930, owner Carlos O'Brien, TPCL 73857. Carlos has 15 years experience in pest, termite, and structural fumigation. We work as a team, and go to every inspection together for your convenience.5. Home Warranty Inspection
- Most builders provide a one-year warranty for new construction. Generally during this period of time the buyer develops a "punch list" of corrections for the contractor to repair under the warranty coverage. Some defects will not be obvious to the untrained eye. It is prudent to obtain our home inspectors list of items that will most likely be repaired by your builder at no cost to you. You will be reassured knowing that potential problems were addressed before they grew into something that could cost you a great deal down the road.6. Draw Inspection
- Lending institutions may opt to have a third party inspect progress on a project before payment will be to general contractor.7. Commercial Inspection
- Investors should have an inspection on properties to evaluate any upfront costs that may need to be repaired prior to opening business. (Light commercial, apts,)8. Energy Inspection
- Save yearly costs due to energy loss. Home energy tune up can help you save money that you are throwing away on wasted energy. 9. Remodel Inspection
- Homeowners can benefit to have a unbiased third party assure q/a on your remodel project that can save headaches and costly repairs for poor sub contracting work.10. Recall Appliance Inspection
- Already had an inspection and would like piece of mind. Have all your appliances checked for possible recalls for defects such as but not limited to faulty wiring. Protect your home and family from any unsafe appliances.
Pricing for Inspection Services varies based on the size and complexity of the home. There are several factors in the pricing of a home inspection. Please feel free to contact us for a price quote today.
Counties we Serve:
Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Kerr, Medina, Wilson Cities We Serve:
Bandera, Boerne, Bulverde, Canyon Lake, Castroville, Cibolo, Converse, Marion, Comfort, Elmendorf, Floresville, Helotes, Hondo, Devine, Jourdanton, Kirby, La Vernia, Leon Springs, Live Oak, Lytle, New Braunfels, Pipe Creek, Pleasanton, Poteet, San Antonio, St. Hedwig, Schertz, Selma, Seguin, Somerset, Spring Branch, Universal City